My Blog List

Monday, September 5, 2011

Upcycled: Pants to a Bag!


I decided to take some old pants and upcycle them into a bag when I saw the upcycle challenge on Made it on Monday.  My favorite pair of white capri pants had been stained with balsamic vinegar so I figured this would give them a new life that would bring them pride.  I didn't want the bag to be plain white so I headed to the local thrift shop and found a pair of red pants to add to the mix.  (I figure I was doing everyone a favor by buying these pants and making them a bag.  No one needed to be wearing them!)



And here's the bag:


Front of bag with embroidery on the pocket and ruffles along the side seams.






Back of bag with embroidery on the pocket.  This cute little birdie template is from Urban Threads.


Inside of bag with two pockets. 






And some close ups of the embroidery:








Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jess

1 comment: