My Blog List

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Folklore Bag from One Yard Wonders

I am having lots of fun sewing many of the project in the  book One Yard Wonders.  I really enjoyed putting together the Folklore bag.  I don't have much experience sewing handbags or purses so I was excited to give it a try.  I did find sewing the curved bottom of the bag challenging but not impossible and I was so pleased with the results it was worth it!  And the best thing about this bag is that I found the yard of fabric in a clearance bin for $3 a yard.  This is my favorite bag to use right now.  I think I'll make another one in a darker print fabric.

Here is a photo of my completed bag:



Also September is craft book month at Craft Buds.  I am linking up this post.  Be sure to stop by Craft Buds and see what everyone else has been making from various craft books.

Craft Book Month at Craft Buds




Thanks for stopping by!
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Jess, I love the book One Yard Wonders! Your bag turned out so cute... I've made one bag out of there before, too. :) Thanks for linking up to Craft Book Month and spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I've lots of "1 yards" sitting around doing nothing. I'll be taking a look through this book now....

    ReplyDelete